Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I posted this on xanga, Jun 14, 2005. Want to put it here too, because if you see the initials QD on a post, this is what it means.

I've decided to let the blog world in on a secret. A number of years ago things were very dark for us and I needed some little tangible thing beyond "the everlasting arms" of God to keep my head above the waters of despair. I learned that it didn't take much, but just a little something, and I needed to pay attention and make note of the fact that even one good thing had happened. I came up with a list of 6 Elements of a Quality Day, QD for short.

If any one of those things happened, I could make it through one more day. Even in those dark times there was seldom a day that one of those things did not happen I wrote my QD entries at the beginning of each journal day. I've kept the system, although it's a long time since it's been a struggle to make it from day to day, just because it always reminds me that there is something to be cheerful about. (I don't tend to be an eternal optimist... one of my mother's nicknames for me was "the little thundercloud."). I haven't faithfully noted every day's entry, but sometimes I have. It's fun to go back and see what I put down.

So here's my list, and entries will just be coded QD.
Elements of a Quality Day
     1. Experience something new
     2. Do something outside
     3. Learn something new
     4. Accomplish something
     5. Do a service for the Lord
     6. If I just feel good anyway for no particular reason (in other words, it's not a bad day if none of the above happen, but I'm not feeling down about it. To prevent the logical progression, "if none of 1-5 happen then I must be depressed.")

QD- Dec 11, 2007

Wet snow fell all afternoon, making the world into a winter wonderland. Skiing was marginal, but ok. The beauty just uplifts my spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment