Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Income and Other Un-Quality Topics

The problem with separating "My Quality Day" from this blog is that it will only tend to make me bi-polar, Jekyl and Hyde, skitzo.

Nevertheless this is the place for the stuff that I don't think the whole world needs to see. A lot of you have asked how my quest for income is coming. In October, I really got a gift from God... a temporary full-time job. I worked about 3 1/2 weeks at $10 an hour, so that has given me a small cushion back from the edge of sheer panic. Of course, the car insurance is due, and they finally got my car to stop coughing, so that has to be paid for... so I'm scrambling again to make the coming month's bills.

Shared Reviews is temporarily in an income holding pattern. They are experiencing the realities of being an internet startup. But instead of going belly up they are working to get people paid off, and then they will let us earn more new dollars again. So... nothing there right now, but I need to stay active and ready to pounce when the money starts to flow again.

Associated Content continues to be an option; income depends on views. I need to get a LOT more articles on there if I want to make much. Currently getting about $4 a month from them.

The column in the Ludington Daily News continues to give me $20 a month.

I have another source of small writing assignments that are worth about $10 each. They come sporadically.

I have found a site called Textbroker that does just what the name implies. They match clients who want stuff written with people who can write. I just started there 10 days ago and have made $70. It's really just a job... they give you a topic, a number of words, keywords (it's writing for the web), and you write. But that's good... there is no reason for me to feel creatively possessive about any of it.

I'm trying really hard to make Get Off The Couch News, and Get Off The Couch pay for themselves better. The first one needs lots more readers, since income there depends on clicks. The second needs for me to sell ads... several didn't renew... bad economy and all.

And I got one new website job that should pay in Dec. That will help!

The house is a total wreck... what else is new. Thanks for stopping by, but I don't blame you if you like My Quality Day better! I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment